We maintain our records in accordance with our obligations as defined by applicable Virginia statutes, including, but not limited to, the Government Data Collection and Dissemination Policies Act, the Virginia Freedom of Information Act and by any applicable U.S. Federal laws.
Rockingham County may collect the following information and in conjunction with Google Analytics and/or a third party authorized by the county; use the data to help us enhance the user experience.
- The Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (or apparent IP address), Domain Name (or apparent Domain Name) of the Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) and/or the user’s computer.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the Website;
- The date and time of each visit to the Website;
- The web pages and forms accessed during each visit;
- If the user connected to the Website indirectly, i.e., from an external website, the identity of the external website (if available).
The county does not sell or distribute the obtained information for commercial purposes.
All information submitted voluntarily, including, but not limited to, the user’s name, address, email, and phone number(s), becomes public record. Unless protected by state or federal law, public records are subject to inspection, copying, reproduction, or dissemination.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice, please contact us here.