How do I apply for a poultry house?
Individuals interested in constructing poultry houses should make an appointment to meet with the zoning administrator to see if their property qualifies for poultry houses. If the property qualifies, they will be given an application to complete along with a checklist of items that need to be completed. These items will include surveying work to determine setbacks from property lines and dwellings, engineering work to determine litter storage site, approval from VDOT for the entrance, notarized consent of adjoining landowners if setbacks are to be reduced, nutrient management plan, and erosion and sediment control bond. When all of the items on the checklist have been completed, the application along with all the required paperwork should be brought back to the zoning administrator for review. When all paperwork has been submitted and if all requirements are met, a building permit for the poultry houses can be obtained (this is a farm building permit and requires no inspections).

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a building permit?
2. How do I schedule inspections?
3. What type of inspections will take place once my permit is issued and I have begun construction?
4. How do I list myself as my own contractor?
5. How can I view my property on the County’s map and obtain information such as: Acreage, Zoning, & Floodplain?
6. My property is located in the floodplain, can I still build in this area?
7. My property is < 1 Acre and I am building an enclosed addition to my property, will I need a foundation survey?
8. How do I obtain a business license?
9. What is a home occupation permit, and do I need one?
10. How do I apply for a special use permit?
11. How do I apply for a poultry house?
12. Do I need a permit for open air burning?
13. How do I apply for my well and septic permits?
14. Where do I place my building permit?
15. Do I need a building permit?
16. What is required to build a new home in Rockingham County?
17. What do I need to do to obtain a manufactured home placement permit?
18. My property is located within one of the seven towns in Rockingham County. How do I obtain town zoning approval?
19. What is a farm building exemption and how do I apply for one?