Poultry House Permit

Individuals interested in constructing a poultry house should meet with the Zoning Administrator to see if their property meets zoning requirements for a poultry operation. If the property qualifies, a complete application, to include the following, must be submitted:

  • An engineered site plan 
  • Entrance approval from the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
  • Notarized consent of adjoining landowners if setbacks are to be less than what is specified in the zoning ordinance. 
  • A nutrient management plan approved by the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation. 
  • A land disturbance permit from the Department of Engineering (this will require an erosion and sediment bond). 

 An application along with the required documents should be submitted to the Rockingham County Department of Engineering for review.