What steps do I need to take to become a certified foster parent?
- Attend an Orientation session to learn more about the certification process.
- Complete Pre-Service Training (PRIDE) = (4-6 weeks / 5:30pm-8:30pm weeknights and 9am-3pm weekends)
- Submit application for dual certification. The application will be handed out during the PRIDE training. Turn in as soon as possible to start the Mutual Family Assessment.
- Start the Mutual Family Assesment process. The first visit will be in the HRSSD office. The next 2-3 are in your home. One will include a safety inspection of your home.
- Complete fingerprinting for all adult members 18 and over in the household. Complete Child Protective Services checks for all family members over 18 years old.
- Compete a TB test and provide documentation of the test results and a physician’s statement.
- Complete DMV checks.
- Provide at least 3 non-relative references
- Foster Care Committee meets to review the Mutual Family Assesment and make approval decisions.
- Certification Process is completed!
Resource Home Coordinators
To become a foster parent, contact the agency's Resource home coordinator: